Tuesday 14 September 2010

Letter of complaint from Dr Stefanie Maria Knab

Confoederatio Oratorii Sancti Philippi Nerii
P. Edoardo Aldo Cerrato C.O., Procurator Generalis
Via di Parione 33
I - 00186 R o m a
REGISTERED MAIL

Very Reverend Father!

I hereby place a complaint against Fr Felix Selden C.O., Delegate of the Apostolic See for the Confederation of the Oratory. See the enclosed copy (Catholic Herald).

The way Fr Dr. Dermot Fenlon C.O. (The Oratory Birmingham) has been treated by Fr Felix Selden C.O. is a disgraceful infringement of his basic human rights. The faithful are afraid that Fr Dermot Fenlon may not survive five years of exile from the Oratory, since he is an old, not particularly robust man.

In April Father Dermot came to see us at our home. Since I am a doctor, he was asking me for medical advice. Very Reverend Father, you know about the frail health of Fr Dermot Fenlon. Why doesn’t Fr Felix Selden care about Fr Dermot’s state of health? Why doesn’t he show any compassion? Our Lord cares about our basic needs: “I was hungry, and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty, and you
gave me something to drink. I was a stranger, and you took me into your home.”

The faithful are looking forward to the Papal Visit in Great Britain. But at the same time the faithful feel that they are being treated with contempt by a Church which refuses to recognise the real grief and damage caused by Fr Felix Selden C.O. (and by Fr Ignatius Harrison C.O.).

Very Reverend Father, I beg you in the name of our Lord, please bring Fr Dermot Fenlon C.O. home to his beloved Birmingham Oratory.

May God bless you and the Oratory!

Yours faithfully

Dr Stefanie Maria Knab